website header Blogger Guwl

Football: Sepp Blatter apologized, not resign

Sepp Blatter apologized Friday after his comments about racism in football but refused to resign from his post as FIFA president.

"(These words) hurt and continue to hurt, because I could not imagine such a reaction," he told the BBC the head of the highest body of world football.

"When we did something that is not quite correct, the only thing I can say is that I'm sorry for all those injured by my statements," continued Sepp Blatter.

The Swiss head of FIFA since 1998, sparked controversy Wednesday when he learned the racist remarks made by footballers to acts of play
Sepp Blatter talk racism fifa president

Sepp Blatter talk racism fifa president

Sepp Blatter talk racism fifa president

Sepp Blatter talk racism fifa president

Sepp Blatter talk racism fifa president

Sepp Blatter talk racism fifa president

Sepp Blatter talk racism fifa president

Sepp Blatter talk racism fifa president

Sepp Blatter talk racism fifa president

Sepp Blatter talk racism fifa president


"One player may, perhaps, have in relation to another word, a gesture that is not correct. But he who is the target must be said: 'It's a game (...) and at the end of the game, one must shake hands, "he told CNN on the air.

Despite the chorus of criticism on the part of players like David Beckham and British Prime Minister, David Cameron, said Sepp Blatter refused to leave his post.

"I can not resign," he said. "Why should I?"

"When faced with a problem, we must deal with it. My departure would be absolutely unfair and would not be in line with my fighting spirit, my character and my energy."
Home - Privacy Policy