website header Blogger Guwl

Open Question: How to configure linksys WRT54G wireless router without CD?

I purchased a Linksys WRT54G wireless router (version 4) from amazon and when it arrived in the mail, there was no CD with it. I thought it was a new router, but I think it must have been used as it has a goodwill price tag on the underside of it. How do I get this router to send a wireless signal throughout my house without the CD? So far I have connect the blue ethernet cord from the router to my internet modem and another ethernet cord from my router to my computer. I also have both the wireless router and the internet modem powered up. There is one numbered light on which is where I have the ethernet cord from the computer connected to the router and the internet light is blinking. I have done several internet searches trying to find how I can send a wireless signal through my house with this router and the main thing I got was to go to the address 192.168.1.1 and configure my router. The thing is though, is that while I can configure the router with a password and everything, I still cannot get connected to the internet. Can anyone walk me through this step by step?
Home - Privacy Policy